- Read the headings in Mark 3:1-19.
- Find Judea, Jerusalem, Idumea, Tyre, and Sidon on the map.
- Read Mark 3:1-19.
- Consider the following questions.
Note what emotion Jesus expresses in 3:5. When do you feel it is okay for you to be angry?
The story in 3:1-6 completes a series of stories that began in 2:1.
In 2:1-12, Jesus healed a man who was __________.
In 3:1-6, Jesus heals a man with a ___________ hand.
What was the response to the first healing? (2:12)
What was the response to the last healing? (3:6)
What has happened that has caused the difference?
Why were the crowds coming to Jesus? (3:7-10) How do you think Jesus felt about these people and their motives?
Whom do the unclean spirits confess Jesus to be? (3:11) Why did Jesus "sternly order them not to make him known"?
For what three purposes did Jesus chose the 12 disciples? (3:14-15)
1) to be ________________
2) to be ____________________________________________
3) to have ___________________________________________
Is there any significance to the order in which these three are listed?